The Hamar House is situated in downtown Chassell. For reference, Michigan Tech is a mere 7 miles North from here on U.S. 41.
Stroll around this friendly town which has many things to offer just a short walk away. A few of the notable things to see in this town are:
- A lakefront park on Portage Lake with a beach, pavilions, pier, boat launch and playground (boat/canoe rentals are available in town)
- A state maintained hikingbiking trail by the lake or in the hills
- Shopping, across the street on US 41, Mageia Minerals will excite your interest in the copper and minerals found in the UP, and you will enjoy a custom made jewelry collection featuring those minerals. You can also book a geological tour in the UP with Kathryn Wells, a geologist and shop owner, to give you an educational tour of the beaches, its rocks and outcrops that are unique to the UP.
- The Heritage Center and Museum have special, free, programs every Thursday evening during the summer.
- The Keweenaw Kountry Store offers discount foods, bakery products, treats, and specialty items, as well as consignment shops on the second floor. The first level also features a large and beautiful coy filled rock tank!
Ask us for a full detail of the to do's and happenings in Chassell.